This blog has moved to www.disneylovin.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Disney Today *Birthday Edition*

So yesterday was my birthday and I of course spent it out at Disney.

If I had all the money in the world, I'm sure I would have had lunch at Be Our Guest, or dinner at King Stephan's, but as it was, I ended up at Fulton's Crab House because their loyalty program effectively gave me a free lunch and cake for my birthday!

I was a bit ambivalent at first about the choice, primarily because
I don't eat seafood, but I have to say, by the time lunch was done, I was so happy and feeling blessed.

We had a great server, who brought me the cake as an added surprise, but the cheeseburger I had... oh my god, it may have been the best cheeseburger I've ever had.

It was literally dripping cheese, and the hont of smoky flavor from it being cooked on the grill was rather unexpected and enjoyable.

We sat on the upper level, I should have taken some shots of the view, but I'm still getting used to the whole photograph everything idea. Y'all are lucky I remember to photograph the cake! ;-)

After a delightful lunch, we went by and checked out the new Hangar Bar that opened this week.

That place is freaking awesome! There's a slide show at the moment on the site. It's really tiny, but the inside has some incredibly unique and very interesting decor. Outside there's a deck and, my favorite, Reggie the boat.

I did not realize, in all the many nights I've stared at that thing, that it was anything more than decoration. Now, it's my favorite spot there!

Although, at least one time I want to eat in the dive capsule.

Disney Springs is really coming together fast now. You almost don't even notice all the construction still happening. As of right now, I am planning on going to the name change dedication next Tuesday, so stay tuned for that!

After the Disney Springs festivities, we headed over to Magic Kingdom for the highlight of my day... fast passes for Seven Dwarf Mine Train!

People keep asking me if it's "like Big Thunder". In a way, it's a train and you get the same flowing motion from the ride, lots of twists and turns, no real drops, but it is shorter, I think it's a lot smoother of a ride, and of course, it's adorable with the Snow White theme.

For me it's a favorite because I just feel sort of free gliding around whooshing around curves, over hills and such. I love it, but it's always got at least an hour long line, often an hour and a half, and the fast passes are almost always taken. So I was quite thrilled to pick up some for my birthday!

The rest of the day included Big Thunder, Ariel and the People Mover of course, not to mention some good conversation, a lot of laughing and some fries!

All in all, it was quite possibly one of the nicest birthdays I've had as an adult and I'm still glowing a bit from it today.

Next up for me, the food and wine festival! A 20 year dream about to become reality! AND I got fast passes for Rick Springfield in October. wheeeeeee

So stay with me while I get the hang of this and eventually, we'll be soarin... yeah I know, it was a bad pun, but sometimes you just have to! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive