This blog has moved to www.disneylovin.com

Monday, September 21, 2015

My Disney Today

Spent a great day in the Magic Kingdom today with a friend who remembered it's my birthday on Wednesday and brought me this wonderful gift!

I love this line of mugs whose design takes after a Princess' dress. I'm big into subtle disney and for me, this is somewhat subtle. I love it and can't wait to drink tea from it while I write my Elethiya series. I can already see it!

We got drinks and walked around a bit, chatted, spent some time in the Christmas store which my friend does anytime of the year, but oh it got me excited about the upcoming holiday season. I saw a stocking I want to pick up for oldest and a few ornaments I may get for the tree. Last year was the first time my kids and I celebrated Christmas in close to ten years. Dark family times, but as we come back into the light, this year will be even more beautiful, I'm sure of it.

Eventually we wound around to the ice cream parlor on main street and she treated to birthday sundaes! I had mine with caramel, cookies and cream and the birthday cake flavored ice cream, which, if you've never tried it, tastes just like a cake you'd get from a bakery, with the big frosting rose and everything! We sat and ate our ice cream as the Flights of Fantasy parade went by.

After the parade we did some window shopping on Main Street, where I saw some dish towels and a few dishes I'd love to get for my new kitchen! That would of course be the kitchen I don't have yet, but I'm a dreamer, I WILL have it!

It was a fantastic afternoon.

After my friend left, I took some time to myself to ride the People Mover, Ariel's adventure, and Winnie the Pooh. I love the fantasyland rides, they just have a way of instantly removing you from the world at large and sometimes you just need that. Plus, I find myself channeling some of Ariel's story into one of my Elethiya Tales so I like to get on there every time I'm at the park right now. The People Mover for me has been a lifelong favorite dating all the way back to Disneyland and I'm beside myself happy that Disney World still has theres! There's just something about that ride, being above Tomorrowland, having a few minutes of quiet, maybe some good conversation with a friend, peace. I get some of my best ideas on there too and have been known to simply get off the ride, and get right back on.

I didn't really want to leave yesterday, but am so thankful knowing I can come right back the next day if I want. I've missed my Disney life so much during the weird Virginia life detour and I'm so happy to be home again. Of course in this case, it will be two days until I'm back, then I'll be celebrating my birthday there! Life is so good, and I feel so blessed and grateful.

Blessing to all of you, and may all your Disney dreams become a reality. - Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive