This blog has moved to www.disneylovin.com

Friday, October 16, 2015

My Disney Today - New Food & Another Monorail Fail

Here is a photo from last night where I ended my day.

I'm not out there at night all that often and I always forget just how beautiful Spaceship Earth is after dark. As soon as I saw it, it just took my breath away as always.

I went to get some stamps in my food and wine passport, but not for the food, for my free port wine glass they're giving passholders. I got my first one the first week of the festival, but only just found out I can get as many as I want, every third visit while supplies last.

I figure the people who really wanted one, have one by now, so I don't feel guilty getting at least a second one to have a set.

I started the day at MK, with the Seven Dwarf's mine train, my absolute favorite ride right now. I cannot get enough of it. Sadly fast passes can be hard to come by and apparently I don't love it enough to stand in an hour and a half line. lol So when I'm able to pick up those fast passes, I find my whole day revolves around making sure I get there.

One of the cool things for me personally was when I got there and was traversing to the mine train, I started to get a real feel for one of the characters in the new series. She's a blogger, which I knew, she's gorgeous, which I knew, but I started to understand her world a little bit better. Her brother has an important role in the story as well, and they love each other like crazy. I'm thinking they grew close as kids, having to get through stuff, but now they're very different. She's chosen a bit more shallow path, where he's gone dark and serious.

I'm so excited about the series and it's so wrapped around Disney that I truly can't wait to share it with you all... but I have digressed. lol Go figure! ;-)

My friend joined me just after
the mine train. I love her company so much, we laugh a lot, and get irritated by pretty much the same thing, so there's always a sympathetic ear when someone steps on you, kicks you, or is otherwise just plain rude. lol

We ate lunch at Pecos Bill's to check out the new tex mex menu. I personally loved it. I had the rice bowl with vegetables, which was effectively rice, black beans, and zucchini, a little lettuce and some tortilla crisps on top.

I was told they won't sell you tortillas as a side item, but they do offer tortilla chips as a separate menu item, you just have to ask the cashier. ;-)

Honestly, the new fixin's bar makes anything you choose from the menu a winning choice! I mean all the guacamole you want at no extra charge? Plus cheese, sour cream, peppers, pico... it was so much better than I even expected and very filling!

My friend and I spent a good part of the day just sitting in the far back of the park near Dumbo's circus, she's helping me brain storm characters for my new fiction series, Elethiya, but we did take in the People Mover (of course!) Pooh Bear, and Little Mermaid. We had fast passes for Pirates, but it was down again during the time we had reserved.

I hear the front row is still getting flooded randomly even after the rehab and they don't seem to know why. So if you're planning a jaunt on Pirates and you don't want to be wet (like Splash Mountain wet) then you may want to avoid the front row for the time being.

After that we headed to Epcot, only to find out the monorail was down... although when we arrived at the TTC we saw a full Epcot monorail leave... headed backwards. A bit weird.


So we all headed down to the buses where they shipped us over on buses that weren't even theirs. It was a private company. The rest of the evening was beautiful, the weather here is getting perfect finally and though, yes, Epcot's pretty busy, especially at night, it's still a great place to be!

Just one note, if you come here on vacation, just remember that yes, Disney is a magical place, but real life problems still crop up. Try to remember the staff isn't any happier about it than you are. Disney is ordinarily a very well run machine and diverging from the norm makes everyone a little antsy.

I'm only mentioning because I heard so many people complaining about the buses last night. You're at Disney World, there's nothing to complain about. Remember how blessed you really are. ;)

Have a fantastic day whatever you're plans, and a blessed weekend and if you're one of my subscribers via Patreon, don't forget the first ever Sundays at Disney is coming up in just two days! I'm a little nervous, and I know there will be a learning curve for what I'm trying to pull off, but I'm excited too!

See you all soon, I'm off to work on Elethiya some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive